About Recreation Services
Recreation Services offers recreation and fitness opportunities to Florida International University's students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Recreational Facilities such as the Recreation Center, swimming pool, Rec Field, and tennis, racquetball and basketball courts are available. Participate in Intramural Sports in team or individual/dual activities such as flag football, basketball, tennis or racquetball regardless of your skill level. Women's, men's and co-rec (co-educational) leagues are available in most team sports. Improve your fitness and self-esteem levels through a variety of Fitness & Recreational Instruction choices such as PantherFIT Group Fitness Classes, tennis lessons or running clinics. Work as an IM Sports Referee or Fitness Attendant. If you're interested in pursuing a specific sport/activity at a more intense level, Sport Clubs such as Rugby, Equestrian, Lacrosse, Scuba Diving or Table Tennis may be to your liking. Maybe take a skiing or whitewater rafting trip out-of-state, or experience some of our local natural attractions like the Everglades or Shark Valley. All these activities are on a non-varsity level and are not for class credit - no grades and no pressure!
FIU is more than an academic institution with textbooks, laboratories and professors. When you participate in extracurricular activities like Recreation Services, you find opportunities for leadership, social and multicultural interaction, camaraderie, physical activity and stress reduction that you can't find in the classroom.
Located in the Recreation Center on the MMC campus, Recreation Services staff can provide you with schedules, entry forms, informational brochures, and even help match you up with an Intramural team if you can't find one.
Join the fun of Recreation Services - there's something for everyone!
Find out more about the Recreation Services staff and their contact info.
Director of Recreation Services
- M.A. (Recreation) University of Maryland - College Park
- B.S. (Recreation) & B.A. (Psychology) University of Florida
- Director of Recreational Sports/ Assistant Director of Student Activities (California State University, Sacramento)
- Assistant Director of Intramural-Recreational Sports (University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill)Kiko
Associate Director, Operations
- B.A. (Communication, minor in Business) Florida International University
- Athletics Ticket Manager (FIU)
- Intramurals Coordinator (FIU)
Assistant Director, Intramural & Club Sports
- M.A. (Sports Management) Mississippi State University
- B.A. (Sports Management) Florida State University
- Director of Intramural-Recreation (Truman State University, Kirksville, MO)
- Graduate Assistant (MSU)Lia
Assistant Director, Fitness Programs
- M.A. (Exercise & Sports Science) University of Florida
- B.A. (Health Science Education) University of Florida
- Promotional Specialist (BFG Communications & Cox Communications)
- Fitness & Wellness Coordinator, College of Health & Human Performance Lecturer, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Fitness & Wellness Graduate Assistant (UF)Ashley
Assistant Director, Recreation Facilities
- M.S. (Sports Management) University of Southern Mississippi
- B.S. (Education) The Ohio State University
- Campus Recreation Coordinator (Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL)
- Nelson Physical Activity Center Coordinator (Chadron State College, Chadron, NE)Natasha
Coordinator, Membership & Services
- M.S. (Human Resources Development) Florida International University
- B.S. (International Studies) Barry University
- Receptionist (Costa Del Sol Assoc.)
- Student Assistant - O'Laughlin Inter-Cultural Center (Barry U.)Pedro
Recreation Facility SpecialistMaria
Graduate Assistant - Fitness
- B.S. (Sports & Exercise Science), University of Central Florida
Graduate Assistant - Facilities
- B.A. (Recreation Management & Policy), University of New HampshireDurant
Graduate Assistant - Marketing & Public Relations
- B.A. (Communications), Penn State University
- M.A. (Applied Communications), Northern Arizona UniversityAdison
Graduate Assistant - Facilities
- B.S. (Education - Tourism/Leisure /Event Planning), Bowling Green State UniversityJon
Graduate Assistant -
- B.S. (Kinesiology), University of MinnesotaJacob
(beginning Fall '14)
Graduate Assistant -
- B.A. (Business Administration & Real Estate), Georgia State UniversityJohn
Graduate Assistant - Intramural Sports
B.A. (Health & Exercise Science) Rowan University
(a) Florida International University affirms its commitment to ensure that each member of the University community shall be permitted to work or study in an environment free from any form of illegal discrimination, including race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, and veteran status. The University recognizes its obligation to work towards a community in which diversity is valued and opportunity is equalized. This regulation establishes procedures for an applicant or a member of the University community to file a complaint of alleged discrimination or harassment.
(b) It shall be a violation of this regulation for any member of the University community, to discriminate against or harass, as hereinafter defined, any member of the University community or applicant. Discrimination and harassment are forms of conduct which shall result in disciplinary or other action as provided by the regulations/policies of the University.
In support of the mission of the University and the Division of Student Affairs, Recreation Services promotes active, healthy lifestyles for FIU's vibrant and diverse community through quality participation opportunities, educational experiences, and support services.